Veteran center Chris Myers announced his retirement from the NFL on Tuesday.
The two-time Pro Bowler told SportsRadio 610 in Houston that he turned down offers to play this season because he had lost the desire to continue his career.
"When you know, you know," he said.
Myers, 33, tweeted his thanks to the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans, the only two teams he played for in his 10-year career.
Thank you to @HoustonTexans @Broncos my family and especially the fans for making a kids dream come true! #micdrop pic.twitter.com/CGSlnqgODq
— Chris Myers (@CMyers55) August 25, 2015
The Texans released Myers in March after seven seasons with the team in which he didn't miss a game.
By the end of the 2014 season, he had started in 128 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak among offensive linemen. The season finale was the 153rd consecutive game in which he played, the longest active streak among NFL offensive linemen.
Myers began his career with the Broncos in 2005 as a sixth-round pick out of the University of Miami. He became the starter at center and in 2008 came to Houston, where he had a prior relationship with then-Texans coach Gary Kubiak, who was previously the offensive coordinator for the Broncos.
Myers is now a contributor to SportsRadio 610 and is part of the broadcast team for the Texans' postgame show that runs on the station.
ESPN Staff Writer Tania Ganguli contributed to this report.
