GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians spoke to the media on Thursday morning. Here’s a quick recap of what he had to say:
The Cardinals are not in a hurry to fill the two open roster spots.
Linebacker Ernie Sims was released Thursday morning because he didn’t fit in Arizona’s defense, Arians said, and younger players were playing better. Arians also wanted to give Sims a chance to make another roster soon.
Arians won’t be holding anyone out of Saturday’s game besides center Lyle Sendlein, who’s out about two more weeks with a calf injury.
Wide receiver John Brown hasn’t been able to finish the last two practices because of fatigue, not injury.
Guard Jonathan Cooper has improved his play since getting his knee drained.
Veteran linebacker Larry Foote is capable of being a three-down linebacker, Arians said, a change from Arian’s stance earlier this summer.
Arians said the Cardinals will stick to their timeline for Tyrann Mathieu's return, regardless of how ready he feels.
Arians doesn’t have a preference for which linebacker, Kevin Minter or Foote, lines up as the nickel linebacker just yet. During practice, it’s a matter of who’s on the field at the time.
































